many many locations to add

Have you got an idea to improve the starforts.org forum?
13thMonkey (Mike)

many many locations to add

Post by 13thMonkey (Mike) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:28 pm

I've been expanding on Colm's kmz ever since he was kind enough to share it with me.

The problem is i expanded the list by several hundreds of pins....and i don;t want to saddle Colm up with an enormous load of work.
my system works a little differently with a list of countries added for some extra overview.
It's by no means as thorough as Colm's work being divided with colours and unmarked pins for the forwards.
But then i add several locations every time i search and haven't gotten around to further organisation as of yet.

At current i don;t have a hosting site for the .kmz other then the "Andreas Xirtus" Discord server https://discord.gg/kpBKWWV
but can also mail them out to you.

My sytem works a little different from Colm's
i'll give a bit of an explanation.
most all pins are marked in yellow and called: Starfortress followed by name and possible elaboration

for example: Starfortress Primate for a 4 or 5 point star
Starfortress Amsterdam (ancient citadel) if the star is or was inhabited prior
Starfortress Fort X (Köln redoubt)
and adding a "demolished" when applicable
Starfortress (?) is un uncertain location.

Red pins are so called: Wave guide resonators, a recent project i've been working on with several others concerning a massive word wide broadcast system pre internet. they all tie into Stars.

Concerning Iran: I marked a lot of square castles in Iran, there are little to no Stars to be seen (mudfloods?) , but considering these castles resemble castles found on stars i went with marking them down
Concerning Japan: i found one or 2 European style stars on the main island of Honshu. Other then that the Japanese have their own style of Stars but have also taken these into my considerations as they are just as fascinating.
Several other "non star" locations like Angkor Wat have also been marked as i feel they bare a certain significance

One last question: how do i share coordinates from Google Earth?

Regards.

Fenton
Site Admin

Re: many many locations to add

Post by Fenton » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:26 pm

It's funny, I had a dream two days ago in which I suddenly realised that the StarCiv Field System (that I had assumed was for crops) was actually mainly used as a generator system for powering something. It is the fact that all the fields are different shades, sizes and that in many places worldwide, the soil on top of the fields is translucent and what I believe to be the 'shadow' of the bedrock can be seen beneath the fields. I'll post up some examples when I find the time.

Yes Mike, the problem of keeping a 'master' KMZ file is an enormous one. We don't want Colm spending *all* of his time keeping it updated - he's got a lot more to look at and spend his time thinking about as this phenomenon unfolds! But, having said that, I'm bowing out of the KMZ conundrum as I know very little about GE and also I'm very bad at record keeping. Maybe you guys can work something out?

Wave guide resonators? That sounds interesting. Can you start a thread about it and explain what it's all about?
One last question: how do i share coordinates from Google Earth?
I'm not sure if you mean what I am about to answer, but to copy GE co-ords, I have my pointer over the exact spot I want to copy, then press CTRL+SHIFT+C and it's then in my clipboard. Then paste.

13thMonkey (Mike)

Re: many many locations to add

Post by 13thMonkey (Mike) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:33 pm

Yep, works like a charm. i never knew! thanks.

I like how Colm has the redoubts coloured, numbered and categorised this saves a lot of clutter whilst zooming and organising i will defenitely adopt that.

Hope you enjoy my finds and feel free to ask about locations you doubt. i may be able to confirm a backstory to the pin.