"Touring The Most Beautiful Starforts"

Have you got an idea to improve the starforts.org forum?
Starman

"Touring The Most Beautiful Starforts"

Post by Starman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:50 am

Fenton: A suggestion for a new category for the main board:

"Touring The Most Beautiful Starforts" or something similar.

For example, I am an American, want to visit Europe this summer and explore starforts. Starforts are a bit overwhelming to look at from the ground. Some have restricted access, some in disrepair, some are along busy thoroughfares, and they are so big that they are hard to get your hand and head around. Others are pristine, well maintained and full of gardens with inspired architecture where you can walk around in and outside the walls. Netherlands seems to have a lot of these. A tourist would benefit greatly to start his exploration by visiting an intact star fort that is a thing of beauty.

People could post their absolute favorites to help those of us who want to go on tour. If there are recommendations of what to do in the general area, where to stay and eat and anything else, that would also be welcome. You'd build a real practical database with this info - and there could be an eventual business for someone to lead tours. Thinking big here! Why lead tours to Peru when you could host one in your backyard.

I would be willing to check in on this thread and keep it rolling, if needed. I am working on a plan to be in Europe this summer for such a self-guided tour, so this would be in my best interest.

Or I can set up a sub- topic somewhere and see if folks follow it.

Best, Andrew
You don't need to be enlightened, you just need to be a little larger than your disappointments

Fenton
Site Admin

Re: "Touring The Most Beautiful Starforts"

Post by Fenton » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:25 am

Great idea.

Created a category under 'starfort locations'.

If you could write a very brief, concise explanation of the aim of the thread in 15 words or less, I'll post it up as a sub-heading for the category.

Have at it, my man!

Starman

Post by Starman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:29 pm

How about:
"Share info on top notch starforts to visit, stay, eat, other nearby historical sites"
You don't need to be enlightened, you just need to be a little larger than your disappointments

Fenton
Site Admin

Post by Fenton » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:15 pm

done!