A Theory

Your thoughts or theory about the starfort phenomenon. Possible links to myths and legends etc. What happened to the Star Civ? What impact this could have on the world? All ideas welcome.
Fenton
Site Admin

Re: A Theory

Post by Fenton » Mon May 06, 2024 11:50 pm

I had always been worried about what kind of effect that the knowledge and acknowledgement of The Star Civ - by a large number of people - would have upon this reality.
I'm still uncertain, but it's becoming clearer that it could be a better outcome than I, at first, had feared.

I view it like this: either an extremely large number of people have lost their minds - or I have.
It would be far more comfortable for me if I genuinely believed the latter.

Because, if it is the latter, we are in serious trouble as a species.

I take some (selfish) comfort in the fact that I consider myself an Observer. I am here to witness it all. That is my destiny, nothing more.

5.jpg
5.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 53 times

Fenton
Site Admin

Re: A Theory

Post by Fenton » Thu May 16, 2024 2:01 am

We live in a reality of exceptionally fine balance.

Fate deemed to elevate us - our species - to a level at which we are capable of imposing rules upon ourselves, beyond those that nature gives us no choice in the matter.
It is for this reason, that we are unique amongst the sentient beings in this reality.

It transpires that rules are extremely important. Who would have guessed it?

Not so much the rules themselves, but rather the balance of those rules.

No rules is at one end of the spectrum - and too many rules at the other end.

We are somewhere in the middle of that spectrum. It is an extremely delicate fulcrum, hovering between no rules and too many rules.
It keeps us all sane.

I could go on, but after a while, I begin to bore myself. I'm listening to Ween while I'm typing this and they absolutely blow me away. It is such a joy to recognise a couple of human beings that are having so much fun doing what they love - and creating an absolutely unique sound that is nectar to a fellow understander. Understander - yeah, that describes it perfectly. Another fellow human being that gets it.

But I digress, as does this entire thread.

The scale of the story of The Starciv is almost too large to comprehend.

Binary_18_16 Desert Rain.jpg
Binary_18_16 Desert Rain.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 21 times