Forts on borders

post anything to do with starforts here, but check if the other categories below are more relevent first!
Nicomanfp

Forts on borders

Post by Nicomanfp » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:17 am

Forts protecting borders and major cities seem to be a major argument by star civ deniers. It is true that star forts are often on modern borders but there must be a reason for this? do you think that modern borders are based of roads or ancient sections of the star civ? How should I respond to this?

Fenton
Site Admin

Re: Forts on borders

Post by Fenton » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:26 pm

The StarCiv was everywhere - it covered the entire Earth. There were no borders. The fact that stars can be found along modern-day borders is no suprise - they were everywhere, so it stands to reason that some of them should fall along current borders. I've had a look to see if a certain kind of star (be it city, town, sat or oggs) is prevelent along modern borders, but I can't find any correlation.

One interesting thing about borders - take a look at the Austrian border. Follow it around all the countries that it is adjacent to - do you see the anomoly?

Nicomanfp

Post by Nicomanfp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:44 pm

no, I don't see the anomaly in Austria. what is it?

Fenton
Site Admin

Post by Fenton » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:05 am

If you follow the border of Austria round it's edges, comparing the Austrian side to the side of the adjacent country, you'll notice that Austria has kept it's Field System almost intact. There's a stark difference between one side and the other in most places, across the countries that Austria has borders with.
The change of Field Structure (i.e. amalgamation of fields) corresponds exactly with the border.

border.jpg
border.jpg (680.4 KiB) Viewed 7277 times

Guess which is Austria - top half or bottom half of the pic? And where the border runs. :)