KMZ files by country explained

Fenton
Site Admin

KMZ files by country explained

Post by Fenton » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:32 pm

There is an ongoing difficulty with keeping a 'master' KMZ up to date - StarCiv structures are being discovered worldwide on a daily basis, including not just structures, but boundary markers, canals, hedgehogs, etc and a whole range of new phenomenon that may be associated with the StarCiv (like the WOW lines, which we are yet to make known and discuss, evidence of earthworks on an unbelievable scale, the field structure etc).

This presents a truly massive amount of work for the compiler of a 'master' list. Now, Colm loves starforts, but he could literally spend all of free time just struggling to keep up with recording the influx of new sites. He already has hundereds to add. Which won't leave him any time to experience making new discoveries of StarCiv phenomenon.

Forum member 13thMonkey (Mike) has kindly emailed me his own master KMZ, based on Colm's original, which now runs to over 2500 locations.

Forum member Ginthus has emailed me a couple of his own KMZ's and offered to produce KMZ files by country for the following areas - Baltic states, Belarus, Ukraine and Russia.

Does anyone have any ideas how we should approach this? It would be best, of course, to have a master file, so that when the uninitiated casual seeker opens it in GoogleEarth, there will be a wow factor that blows them away. But, over time, bearing in mind that there are many new phenomena to pinpoint, explain and tie into the StarCiv, the master file could be become a lifetimes work!

Colm, what do you think? Anyone?

13thMonkey (Mike)

Re: KMZ files by country explained

Post by 13thMonkey (Mike) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:07 pm

Already i work off a country based system (some countries are combined at this time) die to the intense influx of sites daily.
Yesterday i added the new finds to my main folder.
Next up is the process of relabelling the auxillaries to prevent clutter on zooming.

Fenton
Site Admin

Re: KMZ files by country explained

Post by Fenton » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:33 pm

13thMonkey (Mike) wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:07 pm
Next up is the process of relabelling the auxillaries to prevent clutter on zooming.
Yikes, that sounds like a major job in itself. Good luck!