Fenestrelle fortress

post anything to do with starforts here, but check if the other categories below are more relevent first!
Nicomanfp

Fenestrelle fortress

Post by Nicomanfp » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:24 pm

The so-called Fenestrelle fortress seems to be the remains of a star city with a long wall in between two stars. It seems to be part of a hedgehog that has mostly been destroyed. It is located in a remote mountain range and seems to be impossible to be built in the 18th century. check it out it is massive.

Fenton
Site Admin

Re: Fenestrelle fortress

Post by Fenton » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:18 pm

There were/still are a large number of smaller hilltop/mountaintop stars in that area - often connected by a walling system at the tops. It must have been a monumental effort to build in those locations. Download the French and German KMZ's at starciv.org and take a look at that area of France and Germany. I'm aware of Fenestrelle - there's a map attached showing how it used to look - I'm not convinced it was the head of a hedgehog, probably more a standalone star, of which there many dotted around, particularly on the side or top of a hill.

FENESTRELLE.jpg
FENESTRELLE.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 6991 times

Nicomanfp

Re: Fenestrelle fortress

Post by Nicomanfp » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:45 pm

the only reason I think it might have been a hedgehog is the long wall connected to the fort. I haven't seen a masonry wall ever attached to a star that was not part of a hedgehog